- 1 Best Office Chair For Scoliosis Comparison Table
- 2 Best Office Chair For Scoliosis Review
- 2.1 1. SIHOO Ergonomics Office Chair
- 2.2 2. Serta Hannah Microfiber Office Chair
- 2.3 3. Modway Articulate Mesh Office Chair
- 2.4 4. Alera Elusion Series Mesh Mid-Back Multifunction Chair, Black
- 2.5 5. Herman Miller Classic Aeron Chair
- 2.6 6. Gesture economic office and desk Chair
- 3 Best office chair for scoliosis buyer’s guide
Are you looking for the best office chair for scoliosis? If the answer is yes, then, you are in the right place. Scoliosis is a chronic long-term disease that affects the spine during childhood or adolescence.
Scoliosis is not curable but having a good and comfortable office chair could help you cope effectively with the condition. But how do you choose the best office chair for scoliosis?
You don’t have to worry because we have selected the best chairs after speaking to neurological surgeons. Our choices are based on comfort, durability, functionality, and sturdiness. Read on as we review the 6 best chairs for Scoliosis.
Best Office Chair For Scoliosis Comparison Table
|Adjustment backrest||Adjustment backrest||SIHOO Ergonomics Office Chair||
||Check On Amazon|
|Great for work||Great for work||Serta Hannah Microfiber Office Chair||
||Check On Amazon|
|Adjustable seating||Adjustable seating||Modway EEI-757-BLK||
||Check On Amazon|
|Contoured Seat Cushion||Contoured Seat Cushion||Alera Elusion Series-ALEEL42ME10B||
||Check On Amazon|
|Fully Adjustable Arms||Fully Adjustable Arms||Herman Miller Aeron office chair||
||Check On Amazon|
|Adjustable Seat Depth||Adjustable Seat Depth||Steelcase Gesture Chair||
||Check On Amazon|
|Big and tall design||Big and tall design||La-Z-Boy Trafford chair||
||Check On Amazon|
|Breathable ProGrid Back||Breathable ProGrid Back||Office Star ProGrid||
||Check On Amazon|
Best Office Chair For Scoliosis Review
1. SIHOO Ergonomics Office Chair
When contemplating choosing a good and quality office chair, the SIHOO office chair should be part of your consideration. This chair is designed with comfort in mind. The design is also great.
The front of the chair is smooth and sleek with a great-looking curvature to support your back. Apart from the fact that the chair has exceptional lumbar support, it also comes with an adjustable headrest for increased comfort.
With the breathable mesh backing, you can have a lot of air circulation all-around your back. It is very ergonomic and easy to assemble. The durability and sturdiness are never in doubt. You don’t have to be static since the wheels move smoothly. The best part of it is that the price is affordable. It comes with a one-year warranty.
- Easily adjustable – The headrest and armrest are adjustable. This helps to increase your level of comfort. The backrest can be adjusted from 90 to 125 degrees while the headrest can be adjusted at 45 degrees.
- Ergonomic design – The chair is ergonomically designed to protect your spine. It provides a comfortable setting for many people who are living a sedentary lifestyle.
- Meshed back – The meshed back is completely breathable. This allows for the inflow of air to improve blood circulation.
- Built with wheels – There are five wheels to ensure you can move from one point to another in the room or office. These wheels make for smooth movement.
- Durable and sturdy – The chair is safe and stable on wooden and carpet flooring. It is well-built to last for many years.
2. Serta Hannah Microfiber Office Chair
Another great office chair for scoliosis is the Serta Hannah office chair. This is a mid-level executive chair with soft layers of body pillows and excellent lumbar support for added comfort. There is a wide range of adjustment options.
You can adjust the height of the chair between 18 and 20 inches. It can also be reclined to a limited degree. With 360-degree casters, the chair can be used on all floor types. The seat itself has a waterfall edge that helps to improve leg circulation. It is made with a soft microfiber fabric that is very soothing to the body.
The well-pillowed headrest provides you with maximum comfort and relaxation. This is a chair that is worth being in the contest for the best office chair for scoliosis. It is backed by a one-year warranty. It requires assembly.
- Versatile and mobile – The swivel design, rolling casters, and adjustable height settings make this chair extremely versatile and mobile.
- Microfiber fabric – The microfiber fabric is extremely soft with a touchable feel to increase your level of comfort. This fabric soothes your skin thereby eliminating any discomforts.
- Well padded – For increase comfort and great relaxation, the armrests are padded to enhance comfort and support. The back is also well padded to make you feel cozy.
- Adjustability – The height of the chair can easily be adjusted so you can find the right sitting position that is comfortable for you. You can also adjust the tension knob and use the lock-out function to recline the chair so you can sit back and relax.
- Lumbar support – The chair is well designed to support your back and improve the natural curve of your spine. The dual wheels make it easy to move the chair from one point to another.
3. Modway Articulate Mesh Office Chair
Improve your productivity with an upright and ergonomically-designed office chair. The mesh back and fabric seat improves airflow so you can feel comfortable even during a hot day.
With a six inches padded cushion fabric, you won’t experience any discomforts all day long. The built-in lumbar support cannot be adjusted but supports them back tremendously.
The armrests and the back of the chair are both adjustable. You can adjust the armrests between 27.5 and 32 inches. It has a 360 degrees swivel too. The chair is portable and relatively compact making it easy to be stored underneath the desk. It is available in a variety of colors.
- Lumbar support – The office chair has got built-in lumbar support. This helps to promote a healthy spine which in turn also enhances good and proper posture.
- Seat padding – The padding of the seat brings a lot of comfort to your back. It is densely padded to ensure that you seat all day and feel well relaxed.
- Adjustable seating – You can adjust the chair to meet your needs. The height of the armrests can be adjusted with one-touch and it can also swivel 360 degrees.
- Dual-wheel casters – The five dual-wheel casters help the chair to move smoothly from one point to another thereby making you mobile.
- Breathable mesh back – With the breathable mesh back, you are sure of unfettered air circulation while sitting on the chair. This helps to improve blood circulation.
4. Alera Elusion Series Mesh Mid-Back Multifunction Chair, Black
If you are looking for a low-budget office chair that is comfortable, the Alera Elusion chair is well recommended. It has a mesh back that is very breathable. This allows for the cooling of your body. It is quite adjustable. You can adjust the back height and seat height
The minimum seat height is 17.7 inches while the maximum is 21.4 inches. All these adjustments give you a lot of control to increase your comfort.
The arms are also adjustable. It is built with a multifunction mechanism that allows the seat to glide. It is great for the support of the mid-back and lower back.
- Breathable mesh back – With the breathable mesh back, there won’t be any heat buildup. There is enough airflow to cool off your body.
- Waterfall seat edge – The waterfall seat edge design helps to reduce stress on the knees and legs so that you can sit comfortably for a long time.
- Adjustable arms – To feel comfortable in any postures, the chair arms are adjustable in different positions.
- Strong and durable base – The 5-star base with casters allows for easy mobility. You can use the chair on carpet flooring.
- Affordable – If you are on a budget, this chair is ideal for you. It doesn’t put a hole in your pocket and it is comfortable too.
5. Herman Miller Classic Aeron Chair
The fact that this chair comes with a 12-year warranty shows that the manufacturer believes so much in the quality of their product. It is difficult to find a chair with such a long warranty. That being said, the Classic Aeron chair is built to achieve extreme comfort.
The seat and backrest are breathable to allow for increased airflow and blood circulation. This helps to eliminate pressure and heat buildup. It features the PostureFit Sacral Support to keep your spine healthy and prevent fatigue.
The Kinematics tilt mechanism makes it easy for the chair to move with your body. With fully adjustable arms, you can feel comfortable in any postures.
- Breathable – This chair is not padded but made of breathable materials so you can stay cool and comfortable all day long.
- Excellent back support – It offers superior back support with PostureFit which properly supports the base of the spine for a fitting seated posture without exhaustion.
- Lumbar support – Designed with a great lumbar support system, the chair can relieve you of any form of stress that is associated with sitting.
- Tilt mechanism – The tilt mechanism was created so that the chair can follow your natural body curve and move with your body like a magnet.
- Adjustable arms – The arms are fully adjustable. It helps you to easily swivel the armrests to the right or left to make you feel comfortable.
6. Gesture economic office and desk Chair
If you spend long hours sitting in the office and at the computer at home, the Steelcase Gesture office chair will give you the comfort that you need. The chair has got diverse sitting positions to make you comfortable all day long. You cannot go wrong with the build quality. It is sturdy and durable. The arms are adjustable to suit different types of postures. There is no thick padding but the seat feels very relaxing and comfortable. The chair offers exceptional back support. This is one of the best features that enhance the overall performance of the chair. It has a tall backrest that measures six feet to offer you unparalleled support.
- Adjustable arms – The chair arms can be adjusted in different positions to suit different postures. Apart from that, the height of the seat can also be adjusted.
- Smooth wheels – The wheels are smooth and make you mobile. These wheels are designed for carpet flooring.
- Great comfort – Sitting on this chair offers you all-day comfort and back support. The seat moves in a synchronized way by following your body as it moves to give you long-term support.
- Sturdy and durable – It is designed to withstand everyday usage while providing you with maximum support.
- Polyester fabric – The fabric is made of polyester to make you feel comfortable. It also soothes your skin.
Best office chair for scoliosis buyer’s guide
Choosing the best office chair for scoliosis is not like picking books off the shelf. There are important considerations you must have at the back of your mind before you make a choice. Here are things to consider:
1. Adjustability –
For the fact that you will be sitting on the chair for many hours in the office, you should look for an easily adjustable chair. It is not only about adjusting the height of the chair; you should also be able to adjust the back, headrest, and armrests.
2. Support –
If you are suffering from scoliosis, you will need a lot of lumbar support. As such, choose a chair with lumbar support. The backrest should be well cushioned to make you feel very comfortable. However, a meshed office chair is also a good option as far as it makes your spine comfortable.
3. Breathability –
The chair must be made of breathable materials. This allows for the inflow of air to improve blood circulation. You should feel cool no matter how long you have been seated on the chair.
4. Adequate seat cushioning –
Since scoliosis can cause discomfort in the lower back region, choosing a chair that is well cushioned is very important. If the chair is not cushioned, you are likely to have discomfort around the thighs and legs.
5. Stable and durable –
A flimsy office chair will be a nightmare. You don’t want to seat on a chair that looks like it is crumbling. This is why you should go for a chair that is stable and durable. The best way to go about it is by choosing a chair made by a credible and reputable manufacturer.
6. Strong base –
Strong base – The chair should have a strong base. A chair with casters is great. It allows for mobility. The casters should be able to roll on both wooden and carpet flooring. Also, ensure that the casters are strong. If the casters are defective, then, there is a problem.
7. Fabric –
Avoid a leather office chair because it is not breathable. Go for a chair made of cotton or polyester fabric. The fabric soothes your skin so that you don’t experience any discomforts. A meshed chair is another excellent option.
8. Budget –
You must understand that the most expensive office chair is not necessarily the most comfortable. Look for a chair that gives you comfort at a cost that you can afford.